Saturday, February 27, 2010

Looking for Some Place to Take the Kids in the DC Area? "A Parent in Silver Spring" is Your Answer


If you haven't already discovered it, A Parent in Silver Spring, is the absolute best resource around for free and low cost activities for parents in the Washington, DC area looking for things to do with their young ones each day!

The author of this blog, Jessica McFadden, and I were in Rite of Catholic Initiation for Adults together nearly a decade ago. During our weekly sessions to prepare ourselves to enter the Catholic church, we grew close sharing much about our lives and thoughts of faith.

We bumped into each other again when the folks at the Children's Museum invited local bloggers to preview and possibly review the Gaylord at the National Harbor exhibit of ICE and a cryogenics science show the Museum hosted.

I got a chance to check out her site and have been HOOKED ever since. I absolutely love her humor and fun take on activities and childrearing. Her family is so cute. The calendar feature is tops because it has activities going on every day of the week and every hour of the waking day!!!

NICE!!!

Another tops feature is her 100 Things to Do with Kids in DC post. I'm proud to admit that my family and I have done a good chunk of the things on this list! Whhoop!

I do not believe in overscheduling young children because of the burnout factor (for mom and kids), but by all means I am a firm advocate of not letting an idle mind waste. There are so many opportunities to expose children to new adventures for them to absorb and learn from that should NOT be wasted on mindless TV and Video Games.

So I'm off to the Smithsonian this afternoon with the youngins! See you there!

1 comment:

Jessica McFadden said...

Thank you so so much for posting about my site! You are the best JJ!! Your own blogs are fabulous!