Saturday, May 26, 2007

MomPolice


Just got back from a long drive to put the kids to sleep. Drove up to the drive-thru Starbucks and back thru the neighborhood. Burned a lot of expensive gas doing this. Stopped by the station and filled up $55!!!! INSANE!! This is regular. The old guzzler SUV has long been weaned off of plus and supreme. Got me to thinking. I'm going to start being like the government and raise money by taxing the citizens of my household.



I'm going to issue citations and cash them in when the boys get older and get themselves part time jobs. Or I'll let them work off the fines in chores.


Here is the list of violations I've come up with:


_ Illegal Protest for throwing a tantrum and putting on a show in a supermarket without a permit ($100.00)


_Drinking milk in a baby bottle past the legal age of one ($25.00)


_Assaulting a momfficer ($50.00)


_Whining in a no-whining zone ($75.00)


_Failing to yield a toy to a younger sibling and causing unnecessary crying ($25.00) (I'm going to make lots out of this from Caleb)


_Disturbing the peace of a mom driver and placing the family and other drivers in danger ($50)


_M.U.I. Mischiefmaking under the influence of excessive sugar ($25)


_Contributing to the delinquency of a fellow mischiefmaker and aiding and abetting in mischiefmaking already in progress ($15)


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND -- TO READERS IN A-MERICA!!


Today, we barbecue and entertain out of town guests, tomorrow we head to a Caribbean wine festival and picnic, Monday, we'll catch the national Memorial Day parade and hang on the National mall.

4 comments:

shaz said...

>Failing to yield a toy to a younger sibling and causing unecesarry crying

Doesn't this just make you the craziest!!! argh!

i see you had a lot to think about on your drive. hehe

Anonymous said...

MUI- not the kids' fault, the adult/parent is always the one to be fined for that faux pas. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this, JJ.

JayJayGhatt said...

shaz, yes, that drives me INSANE! you are right, my bizarre mind does think of the craziest things sometimes. LOL!

natashac, yes, most of the time it is my fault. i confess. however, that lil one has a knack of uncovering hidden sweets from 2-3 Halloweens ago! he's better than a Saint Bernard!

thanks traci. *gush* i know you can relate!