Tuesday, May 1, 2007

my first blog troll post!



yup, i'm geeky over the fact that yesterday I got my first troll comment!

this dude ( a self-professed anarchist) posted this troll-like profanity- laden comment in response to the OneDay Blog silence thing. He went off on me and I guess the few bloggers who participated...something about Iraq, being self-righteous, coming out of my confort zone. Apparently, he was upset over the idea of an in memoriam silence when there were more deaths in Iraq and around the world the same day as the VTech shooting.

First off, why didn't he and others start a similar campaign for Iraq or whatever cause he thinks is deserving of honoring? Second, why would he deny people like me with actual real local connection to the loss the right to stop pause and reflect, and did he not read that my post was in honor of the millions around the world and in my native Sierra Leone, West Africa who have lost their lives to violence??? Third, I don't understand why taking a moment of silence for one set of victims somehow negates the importance of others. I have honored victims of various tragedies in different ways all my life and I am not like the average naive self-centered American who is unaware of the problems of the world. So it so peeved me to see a cross-section of those choosing not to participate, lamblast those who did.

Get off your high-horses already people! Talk about people living in glass houses!

Finally, what the r*&@ss c!@@!?! YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!! I had the right mind to go troll posting on his blasted blog, but I'm gonna be the bigger person.

I don't know, dude sounded like a postal candidate to me... I'm usually all for the First Amendment, but I had to delete his post cause of all the profanity. I might let the boys actually read this blog when they get older. ...well at least when they can afford to pay for their own psychotherapy sessions.

7 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

Scandal! that is a shame! So glad to hear you didn't feed into the troll. Dang, my hubby just got back from Iraq, I honestly didn't take offense to the day of silence for Virginia Tech. I even posted the logo on my page too.

Geez! the troll is out of control. Potty mouth! :)

JayJayGhatt said...

yeah, i did some research to see where he came from and discovered that he had did a yahoo search for the term "blog silence" "virginia tech". So you know what i did? i ran the same search and found a slew of people judging those who participated for the exact same reason.

it cracked me up b/c here they are calling all us participants mindless bandwagoners, meanwhile those against it had the same holier than thou response. um, isn't that mindless bandwagonning too? can you get an original idea of your own.

shamefully, i posted my own troll post (i know bad me) on this one person's blog http://www.xenogere.com/2007/04/30/day-of-blog-silence/ cause it pissed me off so much. he engaged me for a bit, but have decided not to feed troll me any longer!

JayJayGhatt said...

http://www.xenogere.com/2007/04/30/day-of-blog-silence/

JayJayGhatt said...

okay, let's try this again. the last part of the link keeps falling off. this is why i'm going to take shaz's web development class. i would know how to do a hyperlink in a comment in html (hypertext markup language) and not be in this multiple comment conundrum (i love this word)

http://www.xenogere.com/2007/04/30/
day-of-blog-silence/

JayJayGhatt said...

oh tanyetta! my hat's off to your husband for doing all he does to risk his life everyday for me and other Americans. I am really appreciative of his and your sacrifice! THANK YOU THANK YOU! :)

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

The great thing about the internet is freedom of expression that is why I cannot understand why a blog, your little space to express the thoughts in YOUR head is attacked by other people who think you are wrong for having your opinion!!! The worse is when they think THEIR opinion is right and yours is wrong!

JayJayGhatt said...

tell me about it. i woulda left his comment on there if he didn't drop like 50 f-bombs in it. i was like take some ridilin or some prozac and go sit in a corner somewhere, dude!