
The Scene: Getting Caleb dressed for school. Run into a problem as Caleb wants to carry a tiny trinket in his pocket for extended after school play, but the sweatpants mom has picked out for him to wear had no pockets.
The Actors: Caleb, Dave and Me
The dialogue:
Caleb: "mommy, I have no pockets. Where are my pockets?"
Me: Don't worry Caleb, just put it in your bookbag, you don't have to have pockets on your pants. My pants have no pockets.
Dave: *Getting ready to go to his conference in Virginia, butts in...minding mom's "woman's work" business of getting the kids ready in the morning* Come on man. He's going to need pants with pockets."
Me: Wha? For what? Why would he need pockets to go to pre-kindergarten? To put his hands in there? I don't get it.
Dave: To put stuff in there. A boy needs pockets. You can't send him to school with no pockets.
Me: So you're saying I should change his pants? (*shriveled brow* and looking at him in bewilderment)
Dave: Yes. If there are pants with pockets available. Yes. (mind you since he doesn't do the laundry often, he has no clue what is circulating in Caleb's closet at any given moment)
So, that is the story about how Caleb went to school with his brown cargo pants that are abundant in numerous and random pockets.
Sometimes, *sigh* I just don't understand the brain of a man. Satin throw pillows and fly handbags are considered frivolous, but pockets? pockets? are "must haves"??
No comments:
Post a Comment