[I start to digress right about here...]
I love my husband for providing me so much fodder for this blog. Save's me everytime from writer's block. I enjoyed standing at top of the driveway just now waving and laughing at his "daddy-dome". He has no clue when it comes to the kid's school sometimes, though he is a dynamite dad in all respects. He's a whiz at discipline, cooking for them and feeding them, bathing them and taking them to the park and just being an all around cool and fun dad.
No one bellows "Leeeeeet's go to the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!" like he does. Oh, that is Dave's original nightly ritual of beckoning the kids to the bathtub. Whenever I try to copy and summon the kids with my meek "let's go to the pooooool" in my little mommy voice. First...I get the Crickets (chirping). then... *Blink* *Blink*
Caleb will say, "uh uh. no. You cant say that, that's what daddy says."
[Anyway, back to the story.]
Today, is Caleb's last day at school.
We have a commencement program mid- morning which Dave and I will attend with all the other beaming parents, then a reception and then dismissal for the school year. Dave is hustling to shuttle Caleb off to school in the early AM for last minute rehearsal and wrapping up.
Dave:Er, where is his bookbag?
Me: He doesn't need a bag. It's just the program. Reception and then dismissal.
Dave: But what about his lunch box?
Me: Um. After the reception? No lunch. I think they want you to take your kid with you and go home.
Dave: What about a snack?
Me: Er snack? Well, the school provides midmorning snack. If they'll be eating that before the program (which I doubt), they got that.
Dave: They provide snack? I never knew that. Then, why do we pack all that food in his lunchbox everyday?
Me: Cause he goes to ESP (afterschool care) and he needs food to last him the 1-2 hours after school.
Dave. Rolls his eyes. Gives me that "you think you know everything and have an answer for everything" look. Backs out the driveway.
Me: Standing there in shorts, barefoot
(risking parasitic worm exposure), t-shirt and a silly smirk on my face...from the driveway to the blog. This is one for the history books. HILARIOUS!
What a Difference a Year Makes
Photo captions: Caleb and his pre-school teacher from 2005-06 school year, Ms. Chrissy in the black and white dress. Caleb was 3 3/4 here...and with the teacher's assistant Ms. Sinnot.
Caleb, in the burgundy vest below, is at the Christmas 2006 program at age 4 1/2.
with "baby" Jarrod (as we affectionately call him) who is inspecting the room for possible mischiefmaking opportunities. LOL!
1 comment:
Awww what cute pictures! Congrats on your graduation Caleb- on to kindergarden :)
Post a Comment