Tuesday, May 1, 2007

There's a New Nanny In town

Jarrod is home from his new nanny/babysitter/childcare provider. Ahhh right now, as I type this while sitting on the backyard patio, he is celebrating a successful first day by stuffing his mouth with two handfuls of mulch and woodchips he found under the playswing!!! Excuse me....

....okay, now, where was I? She is a wonderful Panamanian stay-at-home mom who lives a jogging stroller-throw away from my home. So far, looks like Jarrod has warmed up to her and I think he and her 30 month old daughter have hit it off. This is a testament to the Secret "power of attraction" as while I was in angst over finding a replacement for my Africa-bound mom, this woman found us. Actually, Jarrod was flirting with her daughter at the mall foodcourt during the 3 hour trek I blogged about earlier. When they got up to leave, she gave me her card.

And now, an interview and several home visits later, Jarrod is following in my footsteps as I was watched by a hispanic/latino "nanny" growing up.

I'm hoping he picks up some Spanish. I hope he learns more than I did though: the theme and characters to the Spanish telenovelas that Telemundo and Univision broadcast. Mi tia was a tv addict!

No comments: