Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Wednesday PopTart Folly

um...so I'm late for the "morning coffee folly" post I was planning to make a regular event.

I even forgot (again) that Jarrod had his gymnastics class today. I went to the gym instead. me=brain dead selfish mom. I'm determined to get him to the last 3 classes...and on time! CHALLENEGE! (as my good friend, Oprah would say in a gruff Lailah Ali voice. Dat chick got a deep man voice doesn't she?)

FOCUS...TODAY'S er "PopTart" Folly is brought to you by the good people at Starbucks, bringing you lots and lots of hyper caffeinated blog posts. (poor clients. *sigh*. thought they had hired an attorney that did NOT have attention deficit disorder)

FROM THE MINDS OF YOUNGUNS...come these classic lines Caleb uttered last week:

After learning from his dad the name of the ultraslick car that had just rolled behind us in the KFC drivethru is a Corvette, Caleb pointed out that there was another Corvette parked across the shopping center lot.
Dad: Caleb that's not a Corvette, but it looks like one.
After picking up our order and as we drove past the car to exit the shopping center parking lot, lo and behold, it was a Corvette. Eating his hat, Dave conceded to Caleb, "You were right. That is a Corvette"

Caleb: Yeah. I know my Corvettes!
--------------------------------

In the bank line. I had to do several transactions and it was taking a long time. Bored, Caleb starts to weigh my handbag down by resting his elbows on it. I'm like, "Caleeeeeb, don't do that."

Caleb: "Relax" Relax, Mommy"

I had to laugh. It was too funny to fuss him out cause it was unexpected. "Where did you get that from? Daddy?"
Caleb: Yup!
Me: Caleb, you crack me up
Caleb: No, I didn't! It was an accident!
-------------------------------------------
Me, having just had another klutzy moment and tripped up the front steps, I yelp out in pain. Caleb, who was playing under the Japanese redleaf maple tree in the front, comes over to comfort me and then proceeds to demonstrate how to walk up the stairs.
Caleb: See mommy. you have to hold the handrails. It's okay. You can start over. No one's watching.

HILARIOUS!!! THAT BOY'S A TRIP!

2 comments:

smoochesandsmacks said...

Caleb: "Relax" Relax, Mommy"
Too funny...gotta love them!

JayJayGhatt said...

from the mouth of babes, right? LOL!