Boy, sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in a 1970s game show when Caleb corners me in one of his bargaining quizzes:
"Okay, mommy if I take 2 more bites of this peanut butter sandwich, I can eat my cake," Caleb will say.
Me (or Dave, oh yeah, he gets caught in it too) will reply, "not two bites, you need to finish half and give us 4 more bites."
Caleb will reply, "Let me take 3 bites, okay?"
Huh? Wait a minute here. Why are we bargaining with a little boy????
Then inevitably Caleb will start to badger the witness.
"Three more bites, Yes or No!?!" "Yes or No!?!"
Huh? ...er...well...yes, Three more bites. We cave in.
What to expect from a kid with two lawyer parents? Must be genetic. Yup, the boy's got "trial lawyer" written all over his future!
4 comments:
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not another lawyer. Run for the hills.
Just kidding. He'll be great at anything. He's such a compassionate and loving child.
You really need to found some sort of legal preschool program. Between C and B we would have all opposition bowing down to their powerful badgering techniques. We've also got the constant questioning, do you think he's just trying to wear me down? Somehow I must learn to redirect his powers for good.
lol! I never know if to smile or gringe when my kids start behaving like mini-me :)
awww, thanks, Natashac. i think just that of Caleb.
Yo, these skills, that drive us batty today, will do them wonders when they get older. Hold on sister, hold on! hahahaha!
shaz, mini-me,LOL! funniest line from Austin Powers: "Mini me, stop humping the laaaaazeerr!"
Post a Comment