So, two hours before Mischiefmaker#1's kindermusik class, I look in the activities book and recall we hadn't done the homework. Augh! I am so unprepared for this stuff. I'm usually scrambling about with homework assignments and its a once a week class! What will I do when the boy is in kindergarten next year and when he starts getting daily homework!?!
Pick up the boy from school and take him to run a few errands and pick up an afternoon snack. Get home. The assignment is to make a sculpture. Too late to be brewing a mixture of paper mache this late in the game. Hmmm. Tin foil IS and option, I read! Ah ha!!
Short cut. I am queen of short cut. I take an old toy car, Mischiefmaker#1 and I wrap tin foil over it. Together we roll two wheels each out of tin foil and stick them on our car and finish up our work of art with a final layer of foil. Voila! A sculpture of a car.
In the SUV on the way to class, I grill Mischiefmaker#1,
Me: So Mischiefmaker#1 when the teacher asks you what materials your sculpture is made out of, what do you say?
Mischiefmaker#1: I don't know. Sculptine.
Me: No, you say "aluminium foil"
Mischiefmaker#1: Amoomima froil
Me: No. Just say Foil
Mischiefmaker#1: Okay, Foil
This is not a good start for the grueling after school homework process. The boy isn't even 5 yet and I'm doing his assignments for him and coaching him on covering it up!
I am such a bad mom! Better not let TriniD read this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment