Saturday, March 10, 2007

Take II

So I've created this blog (again) silly me, never confirmed the old account and now for some reason cannot access it. Oh well. JJsKids.blogspot.com is out there abandoned and hopefully will die a dignified death sooner or later.


Anyway, had been meaning to put together a journal to document crazy things my kids, Mischiefmaker#1 (4 1/2) and Mischiefmaker#2(almost 1) say and do for several months now and just never got around to do it. Usually, when something funny comes out their mouths, I'd savor the moment and share it with my hubby or family member later, wantingit to be memorialized somewhere for others in the family or maybe my kids to enjoy someday. They never seem to amaze me and my husband, TriniD.

This is a quick and easy way to memorialize their growth and development.

Yesterday (not really, but a month ago, remember this is a clone of the original, but bare with me here), TriniD brought home a package of corn muffins from my moms after picking up the boys. I ran downstairs to look for the muffin pan and check on the laundry. Mischiefmaker#1 says, "okay, I'll look at the directions so we can know how to make the muffins." Amazing to me that he would know the context and how to pronounce such a big word like "directions." Mischiefmaker#1 is quite the precocious little boy.

Mischiefmaker#2 also amazed me when playing puzzles downstairs, I was astonished that he picked up a picture of a cat and called its name. He also knows juice, water, phone, shoes. He understands procedures and routine. When he understands he's going out, he'll go to the coat closet and get his coat and look for his shoes.

At a superbowl party last week, I saw the 27 month old child of a friend who could recognize and pronounce letters and talk very clearly. It has motivated me to read and play learning games with Mischiefmaker#2more.

With Mischiefmaker#1, I did every thing: library story hour, Gymboree, took his professional photos every month, read nearly every night, did all the computer and books. But with Mischiefmaker#2, I'm so busy because of work and have a more hectic life and so, like most second kids, he's getting the short end of the stick. Poor fellah.

Anyway, my new mission is to engage him in at least two activities. I'm thinking gymnastics and kindermusik (library story time until his Kindermusik teacher returns). And...I will read to him every night and play at least one puzzle, computer game or learning game with him every night.

That is the challenge, however. We'll pray it works out.

1 comment:

Natasha C said...

JJ,
How yuh have mih godson at 22 (years) :) ?