We picked up two toy monster trucks for the boys. Mischiefmaker#1 eyes a pair of golf clubs and ball toy. It's only 3 bucks. We get that too.
We get home. Up in the office. The boy knows how to hold the putter correctly and asks me is his form correct. Wat da?
"Where you learn to play golf, Mischiefmaker#1?" I ask.
"From my gym class teacher." he replies. "Can I take golf class mommy so I can learn to play better?"
My mind thinks PGA tour, endorsement deals and say yes too quickly. After all this is the same boy who convinced me to sign him up for tennis, soccer, swimming and gymnastics class. Besides gymnastics, he dropped out of all the rest after 2 or 3 classes. Total waste of time and money...his dad complained he would have forced the boy to attend the remainder classes, or would he? Not! That's my job to be superwoman, not he own.
Random funny things Mischiefmaker#1 said today, "Mom, I'm going to eat my pretzel first and then I will eat the macaroni and cheese. Those are the rules." and after I fuss at him for annoying me again, he tells me "you can't talk to me like that." Oh yeah? And finally, after he gets tired of me ignoring his quest to find out where we are driving to, he retorts, "Mommy, when I ask you 'where are we going?', you can't just not say anything, you have to say something!"
Kid, you are not the boss of me!
Random funny thing Mischiefmaker#2 did today, Utterly refuse to sit still for the second professional photo of his life. Poor second child, Mischiefmaker#1 had at least half a dozen shoots by this age. After an hour and a half of me and the two staff people at Picture People doing every trick in the book (the blocks, the ducks, the ball, the toy airplane, the feather duster) we gave up and settled on 4 rather mediocre photos and with only one of him smiling. They admitted they never had a child like him through there. Hmrph! Here is the best of the litter.

4 comments:
Jarrod looks a little like Jelani in that 2nd pic. First time I noticed that.
you are so right, Natasha, we noticed it in Jarrod's 1st professional photo when he was like 6mnths old. You'd think it was Jelani. As a matter of fact Jarrod and Jelani's 6month photos look identical.
Those two boys are quite handsome!! I can imagine the girls calling up your house when they get older :D
awww shucks. thanks, saucy.
i tell you, grown women tell me that all the time. The boys even had the eye of the flight attendants up to and back from this last Trini trip. I'm going to be in trouble! Gonna be the MIL from hell, I am! (insert evil laugh here)
Post a Comment