Friday, March 30, 2007

Just Call me Weezy Jefferson

Today, I took one step closer to becoming a total NON DOMESTIC. I dropped 100 lbs of sheets, towels, comforters and blankets at the local Laundromat for someone else to wash and fold.

Although, my friends, foes and admirers often call me “supermom” and crazy lady for juggling so much at the same time, I have dug deep down and found inner peace in the fact that I simply cannot do it all, and today, the 10 loads of laundry that have been occupying our laundry room for the past 5 months just happened to be the casualty of my self-discovery.

And so, though we are teetering closer to being broke than rich, for just one day, I have decided to sacrifice one dollar a pound to air out all my dirty laundry to Louisa Lopez at the N street Wash N Fold.

If not, because we have no sheets and towels, my kids will have to sleep on an air mattress in the cold basement and my husband will have to squeeze his 6 foot 3 inch frame onto our 5 foot long sofa. We’d have to dry our skin after baths with kitchen dish rags that stink of last week’s lasagna*. Now, I’d be quite the wicked mommy and wife to let this come to pass, no?

Really, if it wasn’t for the Lord Almighty…(and my daily dose of sugar free Red Bull), I don’t know how I’d stay sane…and awake.

Reason number #15 to buy daily lottery ticket: Can hire Louisa to be my personal laundry washer for LIFE!

(*please note the reference to “last week’s lasagna” was added for metaphoric purposes and dramatic effect as we all know I don’t cook)

I'm in New Haven, Connecticut to sit as a panelist at a conference at Yale law on women lawyers. Love the place. I'll be visiting here more often after Caleb and/or Jarrod get accepted in 10-13 years. (*snicker*)

No comments: