
So...up until this moment, I've been handling the pressures of my online and IRL (in real life) Lives relatively fine with little to no need for prescription intervention...but with an itchy finger on the speed dial button to Happy Acres Home for the Insane, I pause to reflect on the upcoming crazy and anticipated hectic summer:
MY DISTRACTIONS: This blog (averaging at least 50 visitors a day), My other blog, the 15 + other blogs other people write that I read and comment on each day (i actually have bloggers "poking" me looking for my commentary when they haven't heard from me in a while. *gush* me=flattered) My myspace page. My Hi5 page. My Facebook page (and hear I was thinking facebook was just for students. who knew it was this crazy community of people sharing their lives with the world?). The online mom community board I've been a member of since before Caleb was born. That's how I met fellow blogger, Ebonymom. Trying to become part of an online Sierra Leone community bulletin boards to keep me in touch with being African since shamefully, I don't really interact much with the "ginourmous" Sierra Leone community in the DC area.
MY PASSION: My family; Little sister has graduated high school and dad pleading with me to help with her 3, count them 3 graduation parties and picnics she has planned. (The little spoiled bugger gets a car, ipod, fancy mobile phones, money from us older siblings, a trip to London, parties, and yes. me and my other sister are jealous the two youngest get away with so much crap!); Parents moving to a new home and nagging me to help decorate; My Kids need activities to stimulate their minds and keep them busy. My Hubby and I need date time to get away. We have had for at least a year - four restaurant gift certificates we've gotten as gifts over the years, and a weekend night stay at a local hotel I bought at a silent auction that we have yet to use. *sigh* Maybe this summer. Maybe.
MY IRL FRIENDS: I almost forgot I actually had those. Since I work from home most the times, adult interaction is slim to none. Everyone is busy with their own lives. Thank God for internet for keeping in touch, but I haven't been on the telephone with a real friend (other than fellow blogger NatashaC) in weeks. I look forward to high season days like the DC Carnival season when there are loads of parties and events where you can catch up with live folks you haven't seen in awhile. I've been meaning to start a weekly lunch date with other Stay-at-home and work-from-home moms I know. Such a simple project, but the thought of coordinating that turns my stomach. *sigh*
MY SUMMER SCHEDULE: Filling up fast with vacation plans to Toronto, Florida, Williamsburg, and endless summer birthday parties (including my soon-to-be 5 year old), family events, kids' activities, summer movies and this online class I'm taking to teach me how to revamp this blog template. This reminds me, I have homework to turn in probably.
MY CHALLENGE: How to continue to market and pick up new business for my law and pr firms, do work for current clients while filling the days for my older son who is off for summer break. Other than 1/2 day daycamps in the month of July and the 1st week of August, and a once a week evening gymnastics class, I'm on my own. (panic. sweating bullets. have to balance kindergarten prep and fun. Trying not to be an obsessive manic mom as if I have time for that!) Oh and squeeze in exercise each day so my butt doesn't take a left turn to kudunkadunk-ville.
MY HOME PLANS: Find a way to get into a bigger house that isn't allergic to us...oh and is NOT filled with ghosts and spirits that wake us in the middle of the night and mess with our phone and computer lines. I refuse to believe we are just bad sleepers and the telecommunications/cable facilities are just that jacked up on their own. LOL! Oh, if we move, I'll miss the little black squirrel that greets me at my 2nd story office window every morning around 6 am. I wonder if he sleeps on my roof at night. Hmmm.
MY SACRIFICE: SLEEP! I used to wake up at 6am , recently 5am and today 4am to start work and to blog. I cannot creep that back to 3am. That would be insane especially since I have late nights most days.
7 comments:
wow! i'm tired just reading your post.
then again, maybe i'm tired because that's exactly how MY life sounds!
and dare I guess that you are traveling to CARIBANA in T.O. this year? I'm so jealous. I was supposed to play mas with my best friend who lives there to celebrate my 30th bday, but she bailed. Something about going on a nursing mission to Namibia or something. Selfish wretch :)
Hang in there, drink some coffee and do the dang thang, Supermom!
PS
If you are looking for interaction with other SAHMs and WAHMs, you should think about joining Mocha Moms. I love it. My chapter is in MD though.
Just reading your list makes me want to lay down and take a nap :)
Good luck with all of your pursuits, you certainly have a busy summer head indeed!
whoa!
I didn't see a solution??
Wow, you got a lot going on. I thought I had the only one way ticket to looneyville.
j. ferg. hey i am in maryland. i've been thinking about joining. i'll have to wrap to you about my aprehension. something about the bourgeoise privileged ppl i went to law school with ...blah...blah..blahh
yeah, yo. i think ima take a nap soon as i get home
shaz, there is a solution, less sleep. i guess you're saying that's not a real healthy solution huh?
trac. no girl. there's plenty of seats on the insanity train. you prolly know several peeps in your train's car too.
all, that spirit messing w/ my internet connection was pissed at me for calling it out and shut down my connection altogether all day. i'm typing this at my office. coincidence? i think not! :)
I don't have half of what you have going on but I feel just as busy.
My solution has been to let my online activities slip-by a bit, My blog is suffering.
Also I'm way behind on my shows. Thank goodness Andy forced me to let him buy me a digital recorder, so I'll catch up eventually.
The boys and my mom gets most of my time, and then I try to do a little reading.
Hope you get everything in, or at least the most fun ones.
i think, i will try to let my online activities slip, at least when the boys are awake and need my attention. no promises,
justice fergie, we would've gone for TO carnival, but too much money, headache, people that time. maybe in a couple of years when we're more organized.
Post a Comment