Friday, June 8, 2007

Urban Haiku

I am inspired by a young woman in Asia's internet project of a virtual yearbook of self portraits that are haunting, witty, astonishing, provocative, heartbreaking. The project features distorted photos of participants and 9-word cinquains (poems) written by these same subjects. It's brilliant and I love how it is turning out.(I am featured somewhere in there. Can you spot mine?)

I took the two days with no internet connection (darn cable company!) to pen some Haiku poetry, simple odes to my family members, if you will....Eh hem, since I am really no poet at all, I have personally decided to create a new category of Haiku called "Ghetto "Urban Haiku" for the uninitiated and those who lack the patience to finesse appropriate flow!

To Jarrod

You pull my Slippers
Yank off my shoes when you THINK
I'll leave without you

To my hubby

My Friend. You and I
Are so Alike I'm Convinced
We are TRUE Soulmates

To Caleb

You Are My Best Fan
Unconditionally You
LOVE me Flaws and All

Random daily Life Haiku

Big Dreams I have For
our Future. Anxious. Hopeful.
In for a Thrill Ride


Would it Be Ghetto
For me to Recap this Wine
With a Piece of Foil?

This Discovery
Channel Show "Cash Cab" Is So
Entertaining Me

Funny. Is it Me
Or has one of the Peaches
in the fridge gone bad?

I challenge readers to come up with their own!

4 comments:

shaz said...

omg, these are great!lol

Paula D. said...

I am laughing so hard at recapping the wine with foil......girl that ain't ghetto....it's all good!

*Tanyetta* said...

these are perfect. you are killing me with the foil question. you know foil and ziploc go hand in hand for everything :)

JayJayGhatt said...

thnx. paula, i'm just tryin to keep it real gurl.

okay peeps, where's your haiku?

:)