Saturday, June 9, 2007

Lawyers Have Heart



I am so proud of myself for completing the 17th annual
LAWYERS HAVE HEART 10 K race to benefit the American Heart Association TODAY.

I'm especially happy because

(1) I didn't train prior to running the race even though I've run it 4 times before including last year (been out of shape and eating badly for weeks) ; and

(2) By Mile 2,
my IPOD DIED, so I had to rely on the rhythm of the schizo African and Tassa drums beating in my head to get me through the last 4+ miles.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

It was the shot in the arm I needed. I feel rejuvenated and can seriously begin to start eating healthy again and seriously working out daily as I countdown to DC Carnival season.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I need to find myself a running buddy so I can get out there and work off the rest of these baby pounds.

JayJayGhatt said...

yeah. good for me indeed. my dumb butt think i can just run 6 miles without training...that's why my legs feel like they're going to fall off and my joints ache! never again.

but good for you Tiff. I think a running buddy is THE BEST for motivation. You may not get up b/c you don't want to run that day, but if there was someone else waiting and relying on you, then you'd force yourself. works for me!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Good job, but how yuh take out the pic, why yuh not at the start line? LOL

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Are we ready to do this healthy thing together now? Seriously!

JayJayGhatt said...

hahaa, natasha! good one! :)

traci, yes chile, let's do it! I'm ready. i'm going to start by praying for the Lord to help me fight my junk food cravings. This is like killing two birds (goals) with one stone: praying daily and giving up crap food.