This 50 year old house we live in has an archaic and inefficient cooling system that doesn't seem to recognize the upstairs box I call my home office.
I am sweating like a pig in this home office of mine...even with the superpowerful Cyclone fan blowing wind in my left ear.
It is driving me to set up shop at the local Starbucks or hogtail it to the nearest Panera bakery cafe which offers free wi-fi (unlike Starbucks which charges up to $28 per day for its wi fi)
We have a movable air condition unit that can roll from room to room, but that is a mini workout in itself to maneuver that massive box, find an extension plug, etc etc.
It is really time to move on...and say hasta la bye bye to this quaint cape cod of ours. It's been real, but between the inefficient heating and cooling system, the fake neighbors (who go out of their way not to say hi when they pass us) and the occasional leaky tub and mold issues, I am ready for a change for real!
3 comments:
I'm new to your blog and was reading some of your old postings. You're funny! Can you share your recipe for tandoori onion and tomato sauce? My husband, too, is famous for throwing away stuff that I was all set to eat the next.
When its time to go its time to go- I know you guys will do wonderfully in your house change whatever it may be. Be sure to check here for additional free hotspots:
http://www.wififreespot.com/
ha! anonymous. I just took some of the store bought tandoori paste that comes in a jar and after sauteeing some sliced onions and chopped tomatoes in olive oil, added about 4 tablespoons of the paste and a 1/4 cup of water. Let is simmer. You really need to check Shaz website. http://adventures-in-motherhood.com/cooking/
and TriniGourmet (see the left column of my screen)
Thanks for the compliments.
Yo! You feel me? Thanks for that link! WONDERFUL!!! i AM SO HAPPY TO GET THAT!!!
Post a Comment