Friday, August 13, 2010

My 5 year old & his vocabulary


I honestly believe my 5 year old, J Boy,  who is an old soul, has the most imaginative and colorful imagination around.

And what makes him so exciting and fun to live with and interact with (besides his penchant for throwing explosive tantrums) is his very colorful and expansive vocabulary. He never ceases to amaze me. This week alone, he used the following words and in the most creative contexts:

Focus

Concentrate

Lunatic

Frustrated

Amazing

Bizarre

I know it is a weird list but it would take forever to explain the context that each word was used. Trust me, they were interesting!

I think because he is a middle child, he does not wait for others to entertain him and does an excellent job finding a little corner to explore the depths of his imagination and go off into fantastical worlds. The possibilities are endless with this kid!!

That's my Jboy! I'm so blessed to be his mom!

1 comment:

Brown English Muffin said...

Boy do children amaze you...I only have one and when she expands on her vocabulary it leaves me with my mouth open...they truly are little sponges.