Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to School for the Mischiefmakers (pics)

I owe the blog all of our summer pics, but before then, I thought I'd share some of our back to school pics

My very brave boy!!! He was so confused that he had to wear a uniform this year because he always equated uniforms with big kids. Was he a big kid already?! I don't think he was ready for that realization this morning.

GG did great during her meeting with the teacher and the teacher's aide earlier in the week. This is the first year, she will be attending the same school as her older brothers. This morning, she cried a little but not for long. I had to dip back in after dropping her off and saw her having a wonderful time playing and learning iwth the other kids. The class ratio is 1 to 6 instead of 1 to 4 with her previous school, but she has so much more room to play and is in a real learning program that emphasizes reading.

Cboy is off and ready for 3rd grade! I am encouraged by the reading program we enrolled him in this summer. He had a blast at summer camp and I could really tell that he learned a lot exponentially in 2nd grade compared to first grade! We are ready for 3rd grade for certain.

Yay Mischiefmakers! Go get them! Mommy's taking a break...but not for long, piano, gymnastics and soccer start in a week!! EEK!

1 comment:

melifaif said...

Ah, too cute! We started gymnastics last week and Layla LOVES it! Plus, they are really cute...