It's been a while since I updated you all on the ongoings of the little mischiefmakers. I plan to do a catch all update of spring to summer photos so far pics soon as well.
CBoy - He is having a great time attending various camps. We've enrolled him in Sports, Lego Robotics, Science, Aquatics and Soccer Camp. He is also doing a reading program because TriniDad and I are hell bent on making sure the boy has a passion for reading as much as he has a passion for playing video games.
He is an excellent big brother and a compassionate young man. He is sensitive just like his dad who is also a Cancer!
He is an active videographer and filmaker. He enjoys filming his favorite television shows, his siblings and everyday life. He also takes photographs and stores little montages in my camera. I love how he captures one of the many images he's taken for me and would store them as a screen saver for me. He changes the images ever so often so I have a fresh outlook and perspective. Shamefully, I think the boy realizes I am married to my Blackberry and it is his way of painting and sharing a picture for me. I thinks it is so endearing. It reminds me I need to spend more time engaging with the children.
JBoy - He is as active as ever and loves making mischief all over the house. TriniDad and I are in awe and amazement at his creativity and his master of language. He comes up with so many characters and is quite sharp and witty. He is also a great actor and is quite dramatic. He plays tricks on us too. Recently, he did such a great job fending hearing loss that we schlepped him all over the town to various specialists only to discover he is perfectly fine. It was all an attention-getting ruse!
He has a very large packet he got from pre-K to prepare him for Kindergarten and I am being a bad mom and being too slow to even start it, but the boy enjoys reading and being read too. He no longer can stand watching the Baby Can Read DVDs so I think it will be up to me to get his reading skills up to snuff. How else will he read the lines from his scripts? I swear the kid has a future in acting. He didn't like Swimming classes much, but he did a fine job with his almost undefeated (1 loss) spring soccer team. He is a bit on the lazy side. He has so much athletic potential but for the fact that he doesn't like to exert himself if he doesn't want to or isn't in the mood. He's a fun kid... and quite handsome and charismatic. I think he will be the heartbreaker when he grows up. He has such an energetic and outgoing personality. I just noticed that I don't take as many photos of him as I do the eldest and youngest...and they wonder how come middle children grow up feeling ignored and so angst-filled! doh!
Note to self: Photograph JBoy alone more regularly!
GG - Her vocabulary and conversation skills have really taken off and I am amazed at all of the sophisticated things she says and the depth of her verbal skills. I know people have said that girls are more vocal and have a quicker command of language than boys, but I honestly must say I was not prepared. Her oldest brother was barely talking when he started pre-school at age 3 and GG is only 2 1/2 months old and is eons past that stage. Because she is sassy (or maybe because she is born under an astrological sign known for independent people) she likes to do many things on her own. She doesn't like to be told what to do and is in fact quite bossy to her brothers and parents. We've got to put that in check but I fear she has become a little spoiled diva.It doesn't help that I love dressing her up in little clothes and playing dress up with her, huh?
She started gymnastics this month and as expected is doing quite well. She climbs farther and higher than her brothers ever did at their age and is quite graceful with an excellent balance. She is doing all of the aparatuses with ease and now seems comfortable with the flow of a class format. Sadly, this is her first class (the curse of being the third child and born to parents in a less affluent stage of their lives). By the time her brothers were 2 1/2, they each had been in several gymnastics, Gymboree, Kindermusik, and swimming classes. I am fortunate that she goes to such a great daycare that incorporates all of the activities and skills that are taught in those classes so well that I don't feel she has been deprived that much compared to her brothers.

Speaking of which, now that she has finally graduated to the Daycare director's classroom, I can already tell the difference in quality of instructional care. She came home today explaining to me that Eagles are types of birds and birds have wings and Crocodiles have scales and a whole slew of new information she got from a week and half of summer camp. I think it helps that she has moved from an environment when she was the only girl to one where she is one of 6 girls and we know how vocal girls can be! My next update will be about her hair. It is a wonderful experiment in hair care for me but I welcome the challenge.







No comments:
Post a Comment