Friday, February 13, 2009

twitter fool and my Grammy and Inauguration glamour photos updates


International Publicist Fiona Bloom, of The Bloom Effect, tipped me off to twitter recently and it's my latest ADD addiction! It's like the Facebook Status feature where one updates their Facebook friends on what they are doing through out the day, but on acid! All twitter is is status updates. There is a limit of 140 characters. Not sure where they get that from. I've already downloaded Twitterberry on my CrackBlackberry. I'm hipped to English to twitter translator so you can sneak more words under the limit. Help me! I'm Addicted! *sigh* as if I needed one more distraction.

These last few months working back to back events planning and oh, did I mention, I just came back from the Grammys (check out my photos below)

I am so upset that I got hooked on it so fast. My what does that say about my narcissism? I think twitter is a haven for attention freaks and geeks.

I like the fact that there are a lot of celebs on there that update their daily lives which makes them seem more human and less unreachable. Right now I am "following" several of them.

I've only been on for 3 days and I already have 15 followers. Yippee. I wonder if the point is to have more people following you than you following them? I don't think I can follow everyone who, for whatever reason, chooses to follow me.

I guess I could monitor it and if the person is busy and just "tweeting" boring day to day stuff, I can always remove them. If they have several hundred "followers" how will they ever know I am the one who removed them?

The only other thing is if you opt to get text messages from folks, if you don't have an unlimited text package on your mobile phone, that could get quite costly. And, did I mention how annoying that could get?

Currently, I haven't found anyone so compelling that I would want to get text message updates on their daily lives. I mean, I have my own fascinating husband and children who's lives are fantastically interesting and who I am molding and molded by....so yeah, I think I'll keep that function off.

I'm a sucker for social media. I guess it's a cure for folks like me who work from home and have little adult interaction other than their spouse and children in the evening.

God saves!

------------------
Anyway, here are my photos from a few Glam events I was involved in (Grammys and The Inauguration (I organized a couple of balls)

These are in Random order because I have no time to be organized at the moment.

fabulous women in ball gowns at one of the balls I organizedmore ladies in waiting...waiting on their cabernet to kick in that is...lol! i crack me up!
that's me rocking a cutesy brown frock! check out Shireen from Digital Sistas over there far right
isn't this a stylish possee?
i am feeling this photo...narcissm...a sin no?
at the inauguration. we woke up at 10am and said what the heck, let's go join the masses! we got there too late to actually get on the Mall so we all huddled around this woman who had the foresight to bring a tv to the event...that is our JumboTron
me and the hubby...
me and my old college friend Kiddya at a party at the House of Amour in Baldwin Hills, Cali...
me and my friend and client, Grammy Nominated Singer Songwriter genius phenom, Wayna!
Wayna's entourage...check out her fabu Red Carpet dress. her stylist Cathy Freeman in the purple is the absolute best in the business. Her publicist (red dress) Fiona Bloom, joined the team in recent months, and has done a great job expanding Wayna's profile in the media
i really don' t like LA, but I do love seeing the beautiful couples, like this actor/actress couple her fabulously dressed and styled...
this was me doing my best impression of being a "suit" at the Grammy's. we couldn't find a cab in LA so we had to take Lincoln Town Cars everywhere...poor me! LOL!
this is us at the Radio Killa party for the Dream at hot spot STK...
i stayed in Korea town at this hotel named for me! okay on the real, i was the only bBlack person staying at this hotel and my room mate, Fiona Bloom of The Bloom Effect, Wayna's publicist was the only White Person there. Seriously, if your last name is not Kim, you might want to pick another hotel...
my fabulous client and friend, Wayna...she was the best dressed. Solange Knowles came in second!

5 comments:

JayJayGhatt said...

hey Schmutzie!!

That's pretty cool! Thanks for the heads up!!

Anonymous said...

Although I'm still terrified of Facebook I'm completely hooked on twitter. Be sure to add me so I can find you http://twitter.com/ebonymom

Right now the only person I receive sms twitters from is Barack Obama :)

I did find a cool twitter app for my phone that has me even more hooked now

Justice Fergie said...

WOW!!! What an awesome week you had!

Ok and Wayna's dress is BANGING. Who is it? And congrats on the nomination.

Love all the photos.

PS
Download TweetDeck to your PC. It will change your life :)

Anonymous said...

Wait- Didn't think Barack Obama's campaign had used Twitter since the inauguration. If I'm wrong- please school me and who turned you on to Twitter- that's just shameful:-)

JayJayGhatt said...

:0- at Fiona