Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Three Random and Mischievous Thoughts


1. I really appreciate my husband and the fact that the children are fearful of him. Fearful in a way that he can simply look at GG and say "Go to Sleep" and she will stop from following me turn around, get in her bed and close her eyes. He has the same effect on the boys. It took many stern talking to and disciplining of them to achieve that effect. I don't have the same power. Could it be that I am a pushover? I am grateful. If I were a single mom with no backbone, like some of my close relatives who shall remain nameless, my kids would be running all over me as said relative's kids do to them. Then I wonder, if I would step up my game knowing that I had no other alternative....naaaaah! I count myself "blessed!" Indeedy.

2. I don't know why I hold on the the other halves of my very pretty earrings that I lose. I am keeping hope alive that one day I will stumble upon the other half of that peardrop earring, or those rhinestone hoops. Some of those earring orphans have been hold up in my jewelry box going on 10 years now. I really should throw them out and put the real gold ones in a recycle gold envelope or something and make some extra cha-ching out of those things! Sheesh!

3. I'm really proud of Cboy for being so much like a "BIG BROTHER" when he is sleeping away and we are not around. Case in point, this weekend while spending the night over my mom's, promptly at 9pm without being asked, he turned off the TV, spread out sleeping bags for himself and his sister and brother and put them each in their spot. My mom was so surprised to come in the room and witness that. She asked him, "who turned off the TV?" and he went, "I did. It's our bedtime." So proud. So proud. Of course, my parents called me to congratulate my husband for doing such a good time establishing and training the boy into a routine. Even they aren't fooled by my parenting slackness! They know it is all Trinihubby!

No comments: