Okay. So far, I am having a ball playing dress up with Girlie, though admittedly it's been more of a challenge figuring out the hair situation, but I think I have a plan and the speed dial to my local relative who knows a thing or two about thick kinky but strong and resilient negro hair (just like mine). I have a plan that does not include rubber bands that pull out her hair or use of alcohol containing products that further dry out her already very dry hair. We're getting there!
Shamefully, I do not have JBoy's photo (poor middle child) because he was not having a good morning that day and refused to stay put (with out covering his eyes) for a good photo.
Update on reading: Thanks to a friend's suggestion, which ironically echoed CBoy's teacher's suggestion to me last week, I picked up a series of books on CD and the accompanying chapter books from the Magic Tree House series. Miraculously, Cboy was into the entire CD and even asked to continue when we had gotten to our destination. Again, later when we got in the car, he initiated a request for me to play the CD so he can continue with his book. Aaah! Breakthru!! I am so excited. Thanks NatashaC!!
Here is a complete list of the Series!
No comments:
Post a Comment