Friday, September 11, 2009

We're Back....

...after a much needed summer hiatus, I'm back to updating the blog with all of the Mischiefmakers antics.

So here's the update on the Mischiefmakers:CBoy is entering 2nd Grade! I can't believe how fast these kids grow. He had a ball in summer camp and was elated to see his little girlfriend (yes, this little hot thing told my son she is his girlfriend. Not sure how I feel about that!) and several other friends from his regular school there. He is getting in the swing of things in 2nd grade and I am eager to get him more excited about books and reading. He is well advanced with math and we did loads of drills in the summer and kept him in the library and doing academics to keep him sharp, though we did slack off a bit at the end when I was in the heat of a major project. He also took the summer off from piano and so we are hoping he hops back into it this Winter.

Also, we are looking to get him in Boys Scouts so he can continue to experience and love nature and life outside the house from Video Games and Sponge bob which are his favorite weekend activities much to my chagrin. I'm thinking we will continue to plan excursions to museums and other cultural activities to keep him stimulated outside the home. When we go out, he is always the first one to want to come back home so he can get back in front of the boob tube! hrmpf! But it's a challenge.

He is sweet as ever. C boy is very helpful and will help around the house, setting the table, doing chores (for free. no allowance yet). He is also great with his younger siblings. He will tie his brother's shoes, push GG in the swing for me when I have to do dishes, and will even carry her down or up the front stairs if our hands are full. He's still a mama's boy as well and still does cards for me though recently he's been more into making paper planes than love cards like last year, but I'll get over it.


JBoy is his usual fun loving self. He provides the most adventure and fun for us because he comes up with the funniest stuff. Combined with his raspy deep voice which he inherited from me (yes, me and not his dad!ha!), his personality is very BIG!

He is still quite mischievous and had his dad and I in stitches over his antics, though all of them are not always good for our furniture (will post on that later) He is quite the middle child. Some times he says he wants to be a baby. He sees his little sister getting all this attention and wants to revert to a time when he was doted over just for being cute and small. Other times, he'd tell his dad that he wants to be a big boy, "but it's not happening fast enough!" Poor middle Child. We are trying our best for him NOT to develop a middle child complex by making sure we take some time to spend one on one time with him. I also try my best to give him extra hugs and tell him how he makes me so happy to have him as a son and that he is sooo special and loved for being him. He loves it and eats that up. Deep down, he just wants to be valued and appreciated! Skillswise, he knows everything he is supposed to know by the end of Pre-kindergarten so I am not worried about him doing well there, just concerned about his social skills. He prefers people doing stuff for him and he will not speak up in class so we have to work on him using his words and showing the teacher that he can do the work and knows what's going on in class. He has an excellent teacher this year (Cboy's old teacher) and she is great and making sure kids learn the structure of a classroom and preparing them for kindergarten.

Overall, I think he will have a great year. Like Cboy, we will be challenged to expand his experience beyond the classroom, though he is quite open to learning new things and seeing things outside. He is also very much into books and reading. So I am not worried that he will do well with his natural curiosity for books and school.

GG is thriving and growing so well. Just to update for anyone who doesn't follow her progress on my weekly post on her on my other blog, Bellyitch. She is a climber and very active. She has loads of acrobatic skills that I do not know how to explain other than she was a gymnast in a past life! LOL! Seriously, and a swimmer. During vacation this summer, and her exploits during bath time, the girl loves the water and has mastered kicking, diving in the water, backwards, yeah. Like Olympic Diving Champion style. I kid you not! Imagine my surprise to see her doing these things. Anyway, she's a total tomboy, but loves to try on new clothes and shoes so she has a bit of girly girl in her. Yes!

She is very flirtatious and quite friendly. She's at a better day care these days (the one her brother attended) and I am quite pleased with it. All the providers from all classrooms are charmed by her and are already fighting over themselves for her to be in their class next! Imagine! So sweet.

She's quite advanced for her age, if I may brag. She walked at 10 months and has a very expansive vocabulary (not just understanding but using words in proper context like hundreds of them already!) She knows pronouns already. Really. Like if you say GG is tired. She'll respond to you or the other person, "I'm Tired". So she knows to refer to herself in the first person. Neat! She is also quite ready for the potty and has used it several times on her own. We just need to be more consistent and I predict she'll be fully potty trained by the end of the year and maybe before her 2nd birthday! Smart girl!

Well, that's it for now. I'm going to post photos from activities this summer each day for the next few weeks. I will also share some of their their fun antics.

No comments: