Tuesday, August 5, 2008

10 things I'd do if a bag of money landed in my lap...

I know money isn't the root of happiness, but it sure can buy a little peace of mind. Amidst my recent money woes, I was thinking the first things I would do if a bag of money fell in my lap (e.g. I win the lottery or get a large inheritance or come into a windfall work wise) ...

1. give my share to the IRS because I know for sure Uncle Sam (and his State equivalent) would come knocking the very next day...

2. pay off all my credit card and loan debt...

3. buy a new mold free, larger home to accommodate my growing brood and frequent visiting family members...

4. put aside a year's worth of living expenses just in case...

5. donate heartily to church, and various charities...

6. go on a month long work vacation and with that extra time I'd...

read more often...

spend more time with the children...

spend more free time with my husband...

spend more time with my extended family...

7. hire some help (nanny, butler, concierge assistant and a driver to help shuttle the kids to an fro) and set it up so my mom can watch my baby for a while...

8. adopt a child or two...

9. donate to the Obama campaign...

10. eat more organic foods...

No comments: