Monday, August 4, 2008

where has the summer gone?

i cannot believe we are rounding the ends of the summer and we have not done half as much of the things i wanted to do with the kids this summer. now i am feeling the urge to crunch it all in during a marathon month this month.

at least we go on our annual family vacation away soon, but we still need to sneak in (1) a trip to the zoo; (2) a water park/amusement park (3) at least one beach trip and...oh I make myself SICK with worry. Darn this TYPE A'ism I have!!! Grrrr

--------------------
in other words, I was thinking of a Word Association Game with the word M*I*S*C*H*I*E*F and I came up with

M - Momma's boy of which Cboy certainly is and Jboy wants lots of attention from me seeing as he is the middle child and can easily feel left out and even though he prefers his dad

I - Incessant mischiefmaking. all day and everyday

S- Spongebob Squarepants. the kids just can't get enough of that little creature and I can't try hard enough to point out all the bad age inappropriate stuff they pick up from that show

C - Cars. The boys love them and Jboy is all cars AND trains. Come to think of it, the love of trains must be a second boy thing as all of my friends who have two boys (and that's at high percentage of them) all mention how the second one loves trains.

H - Helpers as Cboy looks after his sister and brother and little cousin, while Jboy is quite helpful to me with GG

I- Immediate Gratification is the only excuse I can find for why the mischiefmakers whoop and holler and whine for the things they want.

E-Endearing. Their compassion for one another. It's too cute to see them hug themselves up and crowd their sister just trying to be around her for comfort sake and nothing more. Too sweet.

F-Fun. Nonstop. They sure do make life fun. Exploring together. Listening to the interesting and wise things they say. Watching them learn and grow into their own respective personalities.

I love my MISCHIEFMAKERS!

No comments: