
So, I was standing in the ridiculously long line at the Air and Space Museum after the swearing in ceremony last Tuesday and I overhear another woman in line proclaim that the line for the famous DC landmark restaurant Ben's Chilli Bowl was out the door and around the corner for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT!
exsqueeeze me????
I butted in and inquired more and apparently, because Obama was photographed eating there with subsequent press stories about it, all of the guests to DC (and I imagine some locals) all rushed down to eat at the same joint the President chose to eat. DC Mayor Adrian Fenty carried Obama there as a "welcome to my city, here are the places and people you should know" tour.
I searched the net later and discovered people blogged about the new found frenzy over Ben's. Apparently, some nuts got in line at 4am for this stuff. What da? I've eaten there a few times and I know it is historic and all, but wow!

So there you have it, the O EFFECT duplicated. who knew the phenomenon could be replicated!!!
You know O for Oprah. She says eat "this" and millions of people rush out to get and eat "that". She says wear "that" and droves of folks go gaga to get "that".
Must be something about persons with with five letter names starting with O from Chicago I guess!
HA!!
1 comment:
I live in MD and have never been to Ben's Chili Bowl. I heard that their hot dogs are really expensive and I am cheap *lol* When Obama went there with the Mayor, I ahd to hear my father tell the stories of how he used to go there :)
Post a Comment