Tuesday, January 6, 2009

random ramblings: things on my mind

1. how the heck my city, Washington, DC wound up on the top 10 WORST places to live and work list? When I saw the article title, I thought to myself "huh, I sure do feel sorry for those suckas who live in places on that list, until I opened the link...doh!" I happen to love this area and every time I spend more than 1o days in another city I am homesick and think of all the great things about this area. The crime is not as bad if you just mind your business and stay clear of some parts and this is one of the most cosmopolitan areas in the country. No where you can go in the States can you go to an event with more cultures, races and with people from different backgrounds who are smart, savvy and can hold a very intelligent and stimulating conversation...and are polite. a ha! you see with that added caveat, we have immediately removed New York City! People from LA are either airheads or wannabes or name droppers. Folks from Miami are pretty to look at but don't they better not open their mouths... okay...before I lose more friends, I'll stop.

2. how can I get someone to work for me as a nanny, housekeeper, personal assistant, chef, butler and driver and not cost me an arm and a leg. I'd love someone from my country who can part culture into the kids, but then they usually don't have the same American-like values that I've grown accustomed to and many old folks from my country don't take too much to getting orders from younguns...*sigh*

3. that 2009 will be a great year for me. 2008 was a good transition year but a year of grave financial loss. I'm ready to start recouperating!

4. that I really should add more google ads to my blogs. the Bellyitch blog was getting over 100 hits a day at one point and I've only made $9.00 in 6 months. I've got to get on this passive money making thing, man!

5. How come I don't get any blog emails from fans...just Spam and lottery notifications. I'm gonna start checking it once a month instead of once a week. Nothing to see here. Moving along...

6. I think I gained like 10 lbs on vacation. All that home made good food from my inlaws and now I am back to the grind and working nonstop. I am also back to not eating, but not on purpose. Two reasons: (1) I don't cook often and we haven't had time to go grocery shopping for us so there is no food for adults in the house; and (2) I am so busy that I keep forgetting or not stopping to eat lunch. I am going on two days in a row now of this madness! We have no junk in the house because we are working on slimming down for the inaguration balls I am working on and for a couple of other events. I vow to get it together.

7. Pray, floss and exercise. Three things I (and I know many others) wish they could remember and/or dedicate their lives to everyday but never do....

I think that is it for now.

1 comment:

Kim Moldofsky said...

I haven't made it by in a while, but I will make a note to send you some fan mail in the future. :-)