
I breathed a HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF this week, when I got an email reply back from Mischiefmaker #2s preschool teacher saying, and I quote
JBoy is a bright child and he interacts well with the other children. He is not as shy as his brother and actually comes to Circle Time. He answers questions I pose to the group and is usually correct. I think he is doing just fine.Oh HAPPY DAY!! Trinidaddy and I were very concerned we would NOT get such a positive response. Why, pray tell, you say? Because on the mere 3rd full day of class last week, JBoy tricked not one, but THREE GROWN women into sending him home early.
I knew when I got the phone call about he saying he is "chilly", something was suspect. That morning, his older brother was actually sick and Jboy left Cboy at home snug under a blanket. From that point, I'm sure Jboy was determined to find his way back home before the end of the day. His little mischievous gears were grinding up a scheme on the way to school.
So, I told the nurse, who had reported that JBoy did NOT have a temperature, to send him back to class. The little imp, thinks he can pull the wool over their eyes. I'm not fooled.
Thirty minutes later! *sigh* Another call. This time, Jboy was laying on the desk and not participating, and they were sure he was ill.
"Does he have a temperature?" I ask.
"NO." the nurse replies, but urges me or someone to come get him anyway because it may be more than a temperature.
"Hrmphf!" I think OUT LOUD, in my head.
"What is he doing now?" I ask the nurse.
"Oh he's sleeping on the cot."
(picture me cocked in the stereotypical one fist on raised hip, shriveled brow, squinty eye, crooked mouth "what a load of crock" MOM posture)
That little bugger just wanted an extra long nap. I send Trinihubby to go pick him up. The child pops up and runs to his dad...SO not like a "sick" child is supposed to act.
When he gets home, he gives Cboy THE MISCHIEFMAKERS high five and the two commence to hop on their tiny toy ride-a-long cars and star racing down the driveway!
SICK?!? hrmpf!
Those two will have the neighbors calling child protection services on me for keeping them home from school to frolic and play. Everyone knows there are no "home schoolers" on my block!
The tiny TRUANTS! Good thing that report, coupled with Cboy's report which was quite similar (and included a remark that all the girls liked him) made up for that tho! ha!
2 comments:
I'm so glad he got a great first report! And I'm too tickled that he managed to wiggle his way out of class. I too worried about ETot- their slightly *ahem* "extreme" personalities seem to work well for school at this point at least. We just have to channel all of their energy for good- not evil :)
reposting with my name oops
I'm so glad he got a great first report! And I'm too tickled that he managed to wiggle his way out of class. I too worried about ETot- their slightly *ahem* "extreme" personalities seem to work well for school at this point at least. We just have to channel all of their energy for good- not evil :)
Post a Comment