Sunday, September 14, 2008

end of summer grab bag pics

The summer was fun, but waaaaay too short. I didn't even get to post pics and commentary on some of the fun stuff we did ...
Cboy and GG at a play date last Sunday. It was in the home of a law school classmate of TriniDaddy. We attended with another family that lives IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD and who has three kids almost precisely our kids' ages. But why did it take a planned get together at a home in Silver Spring for us to realize we really need to organize more play dates! *sigh* something else I think I'm going to have to take the lead on b/c they are just as laid back as us and I think I'm the most anal one in the bunch. Oy!
The kids celebrating my birthday last week. Check out Cboy making sure Jboy doesn't steal my candle blowing moment! After cutting the cake, we dropped off our brood at my moms and headed for dinner and dancing where SURPRISE!! TRINID had arranged for a bunch of my friends to gather and meet us! I was certainly clueless and surprised! I can't believe he succeeded for the 2nd time to trick the trickster. This had been his third surprise party but someone spilled the beans on one. It was the best gift ever because I was planning on throwing myself a party but just ran out of time! So yay, TriniDaddy! the best hubby ever!
Ice cream face at the fountain courtyard at the Entertainment complex near our home. Our neighborhood and surrounding towns have been and still is undergoing a development boom and key to it is this new area featuring a movie theater, fountain and new restaurants have opened; and a Lifestyle Safeway grocery store (akin to a Whole Foods) is set to open soon. It was great to eat dinner here ocassionally and watch the kids frolic in the fountain. That is one thing I'd miss if we ever moved.The kids' grandpas were over together one day. I am so happy that the boys' get to know their grandparents (both sets still living) as I did not know either sets of mine nor can I remember them. Three out of four passed before my birth.
The Merry Go Round at Six Flags. My braid stylist got us Free tickets! Which unfortunately, was an excuse for us to go whenever we pleased and as usual super late! We barely got to go on many rides, hence this 11th hour merry-go-round ride that was one of the last attractions still going round and round and....hee hee
TriniD and Jboy

The Summer was too short and we didn't get to go on half of the adventures as I would have liked. I'm gonna check out the net for stuff going on this fall!

1 comment:

ermine and pearls said...

Cute pics, I especially like the last one with Trinihub on the carousel, hehe.