1. I realized that I really really like rainy days...because in my part of the world we do not get them often and rainy days are like a drop by from an unexpected old friend. Rainy days are like mother nature watering her garden and I can appreciate the calming effect of tiny droplets hitting my window pane, the flush of a downpour and the torment of the wind, thunder and lightening. I wouldn't want to live in Seattle and get rain all the time tho...I love the sun too much for all that.2. I am addicted to coffee, but I think I will have to go on a two week break because of its effect on me. I will substitute it by drinking steam mistos at Starbucks, drinking ginger tea and THIS an herbal coffee substitute that is supposed to simulate the "drug like" effect that coffee has on me and other addicts.
3. I love the sound of children playing during recess at the school on my block. In an ordinary blah kind of day, that sound perks me up. They are so carefree and a reminder to not take life so seriously and to enjoy and appreciate my many blessings.
4. I realize now that if there is at least one thing that can be taken away from Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's horrific interview with Fox News' Charles Gibson (from the excerpts anyway) and the recent excitement over her presence on the GOP Ticket is that she is doing one hell of a job in SCARING the COMPLACENCY out of otherwise passive Democrats who assumed that given the inequity of the candidates' qualifications and the state of the last 8 years that Obama had it in the bag. This 20 pt shift that had me heading for Canada this week has also encouraged so many people I know to (1) get active in registering themselves and ensuring others they know are registered, (2) donate to the Obama campaign and the DNC, (3) continue to actively debate and engage in discourse to get the uninitiated, the complacent and passive educated and excited about actually participating in what is expected to be a VERY CLOSE landmark election.
EXCITING STUFF! I might have to unpack my suitcase overall! I can't leave without a FIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment