Friday, November 23, 2007

happy BLACK FRIDAY!!

...so I had every intention of trying to get up early and try to catch some Black Friday sales. I was particularly excited about the FREE MP3 PLAYERS that Old Nay Navy was giving away...but alas, 10:30 am was the earliest I could roll my tail out of bed.

we didn't get to a mall until 6:30pm after engaging in a couple of helpings of leftovers. yum. more calories to walk off. and lounging and napping all day.

we got the very last Panasonic Digital Dual Handset/Answering system on sale at our local Office Depot since the one we bought 5 years ago finally bit the dust. There was this guy who came in with his paper circular with that very item circled but he was 1 minute too late! Sucka!! hahaaha!

There was a comfortable office chair I had my eye on which was marked down (retails for like $149 on line, but down to $49.00 today) but I discovered an even more comfortable office chair that wasn't on sale that I think I will get later. Office Depot periodically sends me 20% off coupons and hopefully I cash that in later.

We headed out to Circuit City to see if we could get a television to replace the dying one in the guest room that you currently have to hit on its side once in a while to get it to show clear. TriniD's solution was to take the Cars TV/DVD combo my sister bought for the boys last Christmas and stick that in the guest room. I VETOED THAT IDEA!

But when we got in they only sold the FLATSCREEN TVs. Here we were living in the 90s thinking we could still get a TV with the Junk in the Trunk...you know a Bubble Butt Television. I figured as much since the US Federal Communications Commission is phasing out analog TV and within a few years all broadcast channels will be broadcast in digital format that could only be seen with a digital tuner in a digital and/or High Definition television. People with the old analog TVs will need tuners to catch digital signals so in reality, it really doesn't make sense to buy an analog TV. HMPH!!....

we're not high techie types who must have the latest digital toy so we were fine holding off to do some more research and comparison shopping if were going to be forced to purchase our first Flat Screen Television.

we rounded out the trip at Tarjee (Target) where we picked up a universal remote to replace a lost one and a few other items.

I hit Gap and got white collared shirts for the boys and one for me for a Maternity photo session we're having tomorrow. I'm certain we'll be able to pick a photograph that will make it to this year's Holiday Card we send to family and friends.

I'm gonna go ex foliate and polish my skin tonight and me thinks a mani/pedi sometime tomorrow is in order so the callouses on my tired dogs don't show through the photos. AND also I've had a few spills and unfortunate accidents and scrapes over the past few weeks that I'd like to camouflage, if possible. Pregnancy makes ordinary normal people clumsy so imagine what it does to a person who is already a klutz!! HA!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO at the tv you have to hit on the side, hehe. I went out for a bit on Black Friday, but no middle of the night type shopping for me. I didn't need anything that bad.