Wednesday, June 11, 2008

#2 Reason I hate driving my SUV


with the #1 reason of course being the given, the high cost of gas to fuel the darn thing...

GETTING IN AND OUT OF PARKING SPOTS IN PARKING GARAGES!! I had to do that today because I had a meeting with a new client in Columbia after work and thus had to drive in rather than take the commuter train.

I mean, if you arrive a moment after 9 am, you've got to spend an extra 10 minutes or so scoping for the leftover crappy spots. Then when you luck out and find one, you've got a narrow piece of space to squeeze your car into cause they're trying to pack as many $15 per space cars in the joint, right?

Then, of course you've got your obligatory dysfunctional space hog to the left of you with his right wheels planted firmly on the line divider. Bastard! To your right is the 5ft concrete column which you try with your every might not to drive into and take out your side view mirrors...again!

Finally, 16 minutes into this parking adventure, you have to squeeze and maneuver you, your handbag, lunch kit and fat bum out of your vehicle while trying not to smudge your freshly pressed work clothes against your filthy SUV that is 3 months overdue for a washing!

*sigh* I did ask for this blessing didn't I? A steady gig. Yeah, I remember now.

1 comment:

Amina said...

I enjoyed reading this post! I should forward to my brother because he loooooves SUV and i prefer smaller cars :)