i learned a valuable lesson on on what computer games you let your kids access on the internet...
I wake up this morning to discover Cboy, who had just finished his math drills and reading, on the computer taking advantage of his free hour of computer game play he gets as a reward for completing his assignments. Jboy was looking on. I ask them to shoo so I could check my emails and I see this computer game doing an instant replay. I notice that next to each car or item in this stimulated town, there is a property value hovered over it in a balloon.
At the end of the instant replay, a popup tallies the damage at $367,000 and congratulates Cboy for all his destruction!
what da? I ask him, "er, so the purpose of this game is to destroy as much stuff as you can? and that's how you get points?" (uh oh, i think in my head)
and he replies, "Yup. And there's no police either."
well, i'll be a chipmunk's ass. this kid knows good and well that the cops are there to stop the mischiefmaking and he is beaming about being able to stimulate destruction cop -free! whooaaaaaaaaa!!
DOH!
Minus 10 points for quality parenting. Two demerits!
Minus 10 points for quality parenting. Two demerits!
3 comments:
Wow he is a smart one that CBoy! It's amazing how quickly they can figure such things out. We've been using Kidzui.com lately for computer game time and so far its done a good job with more kid friendly options.
THNX YO! WELL CHECK IT OUT!
I was watching Pokemon parodies WITH my boys on YouTube the other day. One of the clips introduced a character take-off on Pikachu named F--kachu. That put an end to our viewing session and quick! But my boys are 8 and ten. I'm sure they've told this story to everyone they know.
Post a Comment