Besides, all that "people who live in glass houses" and "walk a mile in someone else's mocassins" and the "he who is without sin cast the first stone" talk,
it's just not a good principle overall.
case in point, I am doing some work in the Starbucks. (I had to get out of my house with the Internet access because I kept getting on blogs instead anyhoo), so there's this woman having a casual business meeting on the Starbucks patio and so casual that she brought her 2 year old (looking) daughter along. The child is crying and whining non stop. And I'm thinking "sheesh, that child probably needs something: food, comfort, water, a toy, some distraction something" and the woman not only doesn't do anything to placate her daughter, she turns the stroller around so she doesn't even have to see the child bawling and the girl doesn't disturb her meeting. "Some people?" I think!
hrmphf!
Fast forward, go to pick up Jboy from summer day camp and on the way to get his siblings, the boy is just crying and whining and nonstop and I know he is probably hungry for dinner but otherwise just being his normal after day camp miserable self... I immediately think back to the morning at Starbucks.
Interesting reminder of all my good parable and bible teachings, no?! ha!! CRAZY STUFF!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment