Tuesday, October 21, 2008

blinded by the Lie...


I don't know how I should feel about this:

driving home from McD's where we partook in some down home greasy nuggets and fries for dinner.
Me:
Exhausted mom, barely going on 5 hours sleep.

Them: Rambunctious, rowdy and full-stomached brood. Cranky teething baby.

Jboy- Mom, I want to go to the Laundromat (there are video games there)

Cboy- Of course we're going to the Laundromat. Don't worry Jboy.

Me: thinking, "is he crazy, he knows we're going HOME?" I make the left turn into our neighborhood.

Cboy- Don't worry JBoy, Mommy's just going home because she forgot something. We're still going to the laundromat.

At that point, it occurred to me that Cboy was lying or "tricking" Jboy as he's seen and heard us do often to avoid the tantrum, breakdowns and loud incessant whining and wailing that are sure to follow when that child realizes he isn't going to get his way.

I was amused and impressed at Cboy's creativel and clever lying and then thought....er wait, I'm not supposed to be teaching the boy to lie. :/


4 comments:

Just Me said...

My daughter used to do that with my son. When he would cry and whine,I guess she was tired of hearing it, because I was ignoring it :), she used to say "If you stop crying, I will get you a Thomas train" it used to work and I would just let it go. He would stop crying or whining and we would get to where we had to go and by then he had forgot about it. Hey, whatever works sometimes *lol*

Justice Fergie said...

you've taught him well :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Justice Fergie - you have taught him well. And they are so cute.

JayJayGhatt said...

you guys crack me up!