Thursday, October 23, 2008

Somebody made me a ROOM MOM!


Me, the person with a one hundred item to do list that stays the same every day but just with a new date on top and maybe an item or two marked off...ROOM MOM??

How the heck did that happen? I volunteered out of a temporary lapse of understanding about how overextended I already am. I assumed there would be at least one or two who would take the lead and I'd only have to volunteer to assist once in a while.

NOPE. NADA. NEGATIVE. My dumb butt messed around and became THE BOSS OF ALL ROOM MOMS. None of those lazy heifers want to step up and organize JBoy's class Halloween Party. Or maybe they know their limitations and they, like me, were counting on some overachiever to take the reins.

I sent out emails to the other 5 lovely fellow moms. Two never responded. I hope maybe I got the wrong email or they don't check that account, but then why give that account to your child's school as your email account and then never check it, but I digress.

One stepped up to help dress and undress the kids into their costumes. The other is recovering from surgery. So I pray she gets well and I have high hopes that she will actually be an asset when she gets better. Can't say so about them other chicas tho. Grrrrrrrr

So there you have it. The story of how I became Chief Room Mom. *sigh*

Aye Caramba!

No comments: