Thursday, October 30, 2008

pssst Starbucks hustle


shhhhhhhhh... because I am a Starbucks addict (trying to go into rehab now), I am always looking out for coupons and other tricks, gimmicks, and deals to get my daily hit for the cheap.

I'm sure this is not necessarily new news, but....*looks around shoulders*, I discovered that if you order a tall (small) in a grande (medium) cup or a grande in a venti (large) cup, often times the Barista (coffee maker) will just pour whatever is in her mixer tin inside your cup and fill you up. You save almost a buck you'd pay for ordering the next level up!

Because I order my coffee with soy in the middle of the day, the milk would go to waste because not too many people order soy and rather than waste it, they pour it all in your cup.

tee hee. Once in a while, you may get a newbie or a stickler for the rules and measurement who won't play fair. That usually happens at the Starbucks near the local university. Brown nosers! haha!

shhhh...pass it on....

3 comments:

Brothers Blog said...

I don't do Starbucks very often but when I do it's always Grande size in a Venti cup. Someone put me up on that a long time ago. lol.

Brothers Blog said...

Hey I'm sure you've heard and you're up on it. But they're giving up free star bucks after you vote on Tomorrow!! :-))

JayJayGhatt said...

yes. but them cheap bastards only giving up coffee! i wanna triple, extra hot, soy, 4 pumps toffe nut latte! LOL!

thnx for the heads up tho! I voted absentee today and i'll be doing some voter monitoring in a battleground precinct in VA tomorrow.

i'll definitely carry my "i voted" stickers (note plural b/c the hustle doesn't stop) in and hit a couple of Starbucks around my polling station! :D