
I was just thinking the other day how difficult it is for busy moms to get exercise during the day and began to realize that at certain times of the day I get a little mini work out just being a mom, alas
- There is the one arm shaking the rattle at the baby whilst driving arm extension - good for toning the shoulders and triceps, albeit on one hand alone as your left hand has to be on the steering wheel.
- Let's not forget the toy pick up squat - really how many times a day are you squatting to gather scatterlings of lego blocks or toy cars sprinkled across the stairs? This exercise is great for the quads and gluteus maximus.
- Of course we have, the dual child swing pusher - when your child and his play date both demand being pushed at the same time so they can "race" in the swings. good for the biceps and lats.
- Who doesn't break a sweat after doing the 10 Loads Laundry Fold? Shoot, do this exercise in the local non-airconditioned laundromat and you're talking an extra 1/4 lb of fat sweated off right there!
- Mamas all over can attest to the benefits of the one hip toddler tote -...lifting and carrying around a fussy toddler or a child that's not walking or crawling yet on your hip. Not good for your posture, but hey I guess this is how you develop muscle in that left arm you don't get from the one arm rattle shaker extension.
- And a walk in the park isn't a walk unless you tackle the uphill stroller push- I saw a woman today getting an awsome calf and upper arm workout trying her darndest to get her 50lb double stroller to go up a tiny hill. I wanted to shout out the window as I drove by, "Go Mom Go!"
- A good abdominal workout is guaranteed by the Toddler Finger Wagging Hunch Crunch- This exercises is executed by slightly hovering over a 3foot terror and threatening to put him in "time out" all day. Each warning is a crunch towards tighter toner Abs!
HA!
photo: http://www.strollerfit.com/ Lookey at that there is a competiter to my stroller striders class.
1 comment:
I've got some more tips on how to fit in exercise - as well as other tips to help you on your journey to lose weight (from my experiences). Check out http://chubbygirljourney.blogspot.com
Post a Comment