Sunday, October 7, 2007

CBoy's 5 year Check up


so CBoy had to wait 4 whole months after turning 5 for his check up. Not because the pediatrician practice we visit is overbooked with patients (thought that it is true), but simply because I missed two appointments.

The first appointment slipped my mind and I thought maybe b/c the staff is so stressed they failed to call me for a reminder. The second time I got there a little over 15 minutes late and it was up to the secretary and nursing staff to take me or not. They turned me away. :(

Then I realize well darn it, sometimes its not good to curse out the receptionist staff after all. I had to put one drag queen of a receptionist in her place once and I think I got a little heated. And you know, I think the entire staff picked her side and they no longer make reminder calls to me and if I am late they will NEVER give me a slide. Sometimes my tempter and refusal to take mediocricy can get me in trouble. I have to learn to pick my battles and take a softer approach sometimes.

You don't need a baseball bat to kill a fly.

In other news, C-Boy is 47 inches tall, NEARLY 4 FEET TALL at 5 years old. He is in the 97% for height and 90% for weight, meaning he his is taller and heavier than 97 and 90 percent of boys his age in America! Wow! That's a Big Boy!

He got two immunizations for Hepatisis A ( a new vaccine the American Society of Pediatrics has added to the vaccination repertoire) and for Chicken Pox.

He was such a brave boy in that not only did he not CRY over the prospects of shots, He DID NOT CRY WHILE GETTING THEM! He even looked at the needles as they went into his arm!

I would have fainted.

No comments: