Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wednesday Coffee Folly: i don't see it


what is it about men that they never seem to be able to "see" or "find" something even after you've told them where it is?

three times this week in two days, I've heard the following:

"Where is the [fill in the blank]!", shouted from a floor below or above where I am.
I return with this: "It's in the [fridge, the bedroom, the car]!!"
To which I get..."I DON'T SEE IT."

you know what always happens next right?

You have to get out of your bed or walk up or down the stairs or stop doing whatever you're doing to go physically "find" it where you just said the item was.

I think there is a blinders/tunnel vision thing that comes with having a y chromosome, I think. You know the inability to shift items around, look under items and do a thorough "search" job even in a small space as a 16 cu ft. refrigerator. LOL!!!

we love em though. I know I can't live without my Hubby Poo.

3 comments:

shaz said...

dude! I hear ya!!!! :)

how's the pregnancy coming along?

JayJayGhatt said...

gr8 Shaz!!! thnx for asking and popping by!

Natasha C said...

this exact thing happened to me last week. On my way home from work I called and asked if the boys were already in bed. Hubby couldn't find their toothbrushes. I described EXACTLY where they were. He said he looked there.
When I came home they were right where I said.
men!