Saturday, November 22, 2008

remember THE ALAMO!

well, apparently, the Alamo came home yesterday. Trinihubby said on Thursday he went on the requisite hunt for toy gifts and souveneirs to bring home.

Seeing as his conference was in San Antonio, Texas, right next door to the famous Alamo, the only toys he could find were toy GUNS! eeek!!

"That's all they have in Texas," he tells me. "Guns and Beef!"

I don't know. I think I might have wanted him to cart a couple slabs of beef briskets on the plane and smell up the place rather than the rubber band gun"shooters" that he got for the boys. Um T shirts would be nice. Like the ones he brought home for me and GG.

I recall vividly how at least two little brown boys got shot accidentally by police looking for criminals when the little boys pulled toy guns on the cops. And it is STILL happening and I'm not buying what this psychologist touts in this old Wash. Post article either although I enjoyed reading the reactions from other parents. I'm an East Coast lib who is just not into protecting my abode with a pistol like they do in Red State world. EEK!

Also, for Mischiefmaker #2 AKA CHIEF MISCHIEFMAKER a.k.a. The Mischiefmaker Head of State/President, images of Denis the Menace and Problem Child keep popping in my head. Who knows the world of Mischief that will befall on the poor pedestrians walking by my house with JBoy armed with a RUBBER BAND SHOOTER! *sigh* aye dios mio!

No comments: