Sunday, November 30, 2008

holiday cards newest tradition: the newsletter


I realized after two years in a row receiving these long explanatory, sometimes show-offy, newsletters in the annual holiday greeting cards my family would receive that this is obviously a new tradition. Last year, we got 10 newsletters!

hmmm. Now the challenge is do I follow the trend and put one together or stick with the old usual photo card? Decisions. Decisions.

the jury is still out. I think there is a fine line between sharing the accomplishments, ups and downs, travels and milestones in the family and just plain showing off. This has been a rough year for most people with the economy being bad as it is, and while we were definitely affected, I know plenty people who were waaaay worse off.

I'm gonna sleep on that one.

We'll be using Shutterfly.com's service as usual. (Snapfish.com, KodakGallery.com CMPhotocenter.com and Winkflash.com all do online photo cards, but I think Costco may have the cheapest deal though you have to be a member to take advantage of it) .

I am going to book a photography session at The Picture People for the kids this week. We normally take our own photo and upload it on to the site, but GG has yet to have a professional photography session taken since she was born, compared to the boys who I treated to at least 2 each by the time they were GG's age. I'm going to use this as an excuse to finally get her in a studio.

No comments: