Tuesday, January 15, 2008

all fall down


they say most accidents happen in the home.

okay, we've come full circle. J-boy took a terrible tumble down 15 steps last night. I was walking behind him down the stairs and I think he lost his footing, but next thing I know, he is tumbling down. IOur stairs are hardwood, but with carpet padding on each step. I screamed and am still horrified at seeing him take such a nasty fall. I still can't get the image out of my head. We talked to our pediatrician who had us check him for injury. He cried right away and had a bloody nose, but is more or less okay. It is amazing how sturdy children are.

at 3 years old, C-boy too took a terrible tumble down those same stairs which left his head and face bruised.

at 30 week pregnant (this past November), I too fell, one night, belly first on a hard concrete sidewalk in Washington DC after aking Trinihubby's aunt out for her birthday. Thank God I put my hands out to break my fall. I tripped on stepping on the curb and with a big belly challenging my posture and equilibrium. That was scary.

Trinihubby too lost his footing and tumbled down the basement stairs which is carpeted.

I thank our lucky stars, guardian Angels, malleable bones and flexible muscles (in the case of the boys) that we've escaped each fall without too much serious results

but...now with last night's fall reminding me of all of our nasty tumbles, I am now horribly afraid of the stairs now. *sigh* I am seriously and officially traumataized.

AM I PARANOID TO WANT TO MOVE INTO A ONE FLOOR RAMBLER OR RANCH STYLE HOME LIKE THE ONE ABOVE or THE GORGEOUS ONE WHERE THE KARDASHIANS AND BRUCE JENNER LIVE in their EReality Show "Keeping up with the Kardashians" (which is in the first frame on the videon on this site)??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Before we moved to our current place, we lived in a townhouse. I can't count the number of times I fell down the stairs there (I'm clumsy). Luckily, this was back when I had one child (eons ago, lol), and it was easier to keep *him* away from the stairs. I'm a happy one story dweller now, hehe.

SexyEyes said...

damn, i hope he is really okay....

JayJayGhatt said...

aye aye dee. lucky you one story dweller. wish i could be so fortunate.

thnx sexy eyes. i wonder too and fear some sort of long term effects you know like those football players and boxers who get all those concussions and then are messed up later. *sigh*

i could only hope there will be none. :( sad.