Saturday, January 5, 2008

what's on my mind about mischiefmaker #3

future temperment
she doesn't look like she could possibly be the newest member of the mischiefmaker posse as she seems so innocent and cute, but who knows, the way she opens her eyes, squints and gives us sheepish grins (probably gas-induced) who knows. She could be thinking, "these people will be wrapped around my little pinky. muaaaahhhh muaaahhhh" I wonder if she will be a "girly girl" or a tom boy as I was...

current temperment
We are truly blessed that SO FAR, she is a good natured baby and is not fussy. She sleeps a lot and I am SUPPOSED to be sleeping when she sleeps, but there is obviously some neurological or psychological disorder that prevents me from doing sensible things.

first day at home with baby
My hubby is great at helping me out. I think I have been less of a nag as with the boys, I hope he agrees. (smirk) Today, my sister, who is going to start a home care after birth nursing service, dropped by to survey me and give me free services in the name of research and development. We brainstormed. She changed the baby. Took me to the organic supermarket so I could pick up some high energy snacks. Because I am breastfeeding, I burn an extra 500 calories a day and wake up ABSOLUTELY FAMISHED because nuring drains all my energy.

I am shamefully going to hide the stash of snacks (energy and cereal bars, sesame sticks, wheat organic graham crackers, almond and apricot fruit bars) from the hubby who is having his own set of cravings but denies having sympathy symptoms. hmmm My sister said he'd be suspicious that we were out for an hour and have no groceries out. "you're gonna hafta put out something!" she said. Cracked me up!

mischiefmakers #1 and 2 response to their new partner in crime
J-boy is warming up to her, but still treats her more or less like a visitor that I just happened to be taking care of for a few days. I think he is being polite to the guest, but is under the assumption she will be going home to her own family soon.

C-boy is still in awe of her, but her novelty is wearing off.

coping with being the mom of three kids
I've vowed to try and spend one hour (at least) daily of mom and me time with the boys (including my darling hubby)

Also, it is a concensus that we do not know who she looks like. She is in that ambiguous new born stage. TriniD tried to claim her in advance, that she looks like his dad's side of the family. I hope so, those other two are surely from my side with some flecks of his side. HA!

daily schedule
anyway, so um one day is too soon to be banking on a daily home schedule, but if i tack on the first 4 days of hospital stay, i'd say our daily schedule is:

sleep...wake...change diapers...nurse...open eyes, we lay around the bed staring at her, (probaby overstimulating her)...then she falls asleep...we go about our business...at night it's just me and the baby, nursing, diaper changing, sleeping in 2 hour intervals.

2 comments:

Triniprincess said...

If she's a typical Cappie (Capricorn) there will be NOTHING TOM BOYISH about her - you have been warned.

Sports was and still is a cuss word to me.

Anonymous said...

She is so precious! Where did she get all those cheeks from? You really need to do some side by sides in a few weeks to discover the verdict (I still think she is favoring C-boy and you!)