Someone just pointed me to this website which is essentially a database of over 150,000 caregivers across the country, Sittercity is the nation's largest and most easily accessible database for babysitters, nannies and pet sitters.Whether you're looking for someone to watch your kid, dog or old person, you can search this online site for one by plugging in your zipcode. Neat idea and it's great that it's been endorsed by ivillage and other reputable sources. I think I may just be using this service when I need to finally find a nanny or childcare giver for GG later.
I'm beginning to get nervous about childcare when i have to start work again full time.
The ideal situation would be to find a power client who I could secure a year long retainer based relationship with which would afford me the ability to hire an in-home nanny. Under that dream scenario, I would be able to continue to work for myself and be able to keep volunteering and attending day time events at the boys' schools when needed. I would also be able keep an eye on the nanny and maybe on good days go on daytime excursions with her and the baby (to the library or zoo maybe).
That's not an option right now because of this stinky economy. And though the feds aren't quite ready to declare that the country is in a recession just yet but I know for sure that my family is in a recession and part of my economic stimulus package is to find a part time or full time job OH AND STAY AWAY FROM TARGET!
Right now, my options are to put her on the wait list at JBoy's daycare but Tiffany from SnarkyMomma has me petrified about how that would turn out given her frequent rants and complaints about the care her son receives in her daycare.
I think though I'd be leaning towards using the woman who cared for Jboy for a brief stint before he started at his current school. She's nice and lives nearby and isn't too expensive. Only problem is I'd have to take the baby there in the morning when I'd rather have someone who could stay at our home and pick up the boys maybe in emergencies or early closings.
*sigh* Managing a family with three children under 5 is NOT EASY! OY VEY!
2 comments:
Awwww, don't let my crappy center scare you! There are so many great ones out there, and I just wish I had taken everyone's advice and started looking earlier. I really thought they were exaggerating about those infant waitlists.
yup! :S too late now, Tiff. The damage has been done! LOL!
Post a Comment