Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lenten temptations


so I decided to give up cakes, cookies, poultry and alcohol for Lent.

I started off the Lenten season of abstinence and fasting on shaky grounds. First, I forgot to go to church on Ash Wednesday. I didn't even remember until the hubby came home with some gray dust emblazoned on his forehead. That is the disadvantage of working from home. Had I been downtown, I would have seen plenty of ash-smudged foreheads and woulda hog-tailed by butt to the neighborhood cathedral downtown. I just got caught up in my errands and totally forgot. Doh!! What a bad Catholic am I.

Then...I was in Target (which I should have given up for Lent) and I found myself sipping an extra hot tall toffee nut latte that I was washing that down with a double chocolate chip cookie!!!

um did I say I'd give up cookies? double doh!

I'm back on track and was tempted twice this weekend! Once yesterday, at a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese's and then today at the church sodality committee's bake sale. There I was rocking GG in her car seat while watching the boys tear into some Giant sized chocolate chip cookies, and Trinihubby taking down a big slice of lemon cake! yum!

and then I couldn't help but to ask myself that old universal question..."what would Jesus do?" oy vey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cakes, cookies, poultry and alcohol??? But that's my diet! Best of luck during Lent. (I'm such a back-sliding Catholic, I think that I'll be banned from entering a Catholic church soon : ))