Friday, February 8, 2008

proud momma am I



Cboy got his report card the other day and had the equivalent of an A report card! I'm so proud and beaming!! He has mastered all the skills they are teaching him in school but only needs help figuring out how to button his coats! Not bad!

I have yet to get the results of the Kindergarten assessment test he took in Pre-K because his Kindergarten teacher misplaced the diskette with the results on it. :S

This summer, he will participate, for the 3rd year, in the University study and I am so anxious to see him do much better in it. I just hope he isn't as timid this year and not let the other kid being studied with him bully him around. For the previous two years in the study, he was monitored with another child who essentially dominated Cboy and bullied him around. Now, there is one thing to be a polite sensitive and caring kid as he is, but then I really do NOT want him to allow other children to push him around. Good thing, so far he is sociable and TALL so there aren't that many children who would be able to "take" him in his grade even though at field trips, I've heard that even in Kindergarten there are children already being bullied and picked on by their classmates! Amazing!

Oh and that reminds me that there was a recent study that said more preschoolers and young children are being expelled from school for excessive violence in recent years! What is that about?? Is it television? Hormones in the meat supply? *shrug*

Whoa!

No comments: