at my Stroller Striders class today, I noticed how the ratio of boys to girls was like 8 to 1 and at a birthday party I attended with the mischiefmakers this weekend, there too was an overwhelming representation of boys.
There's this old wives' tale that says in times of war, more boys are born to offset the balance in the population in accordance with the losses anticipated by war. Last week, the US casualty rate topped 4,000 which is very sad, and even more sad given the total loss of Iraqi, and other loss by non US nationals.
These days, me and most of my friends are birthing baby girls and I wonder if this is a sign that the tide will soon turn. Hmmmm...Time will tell...
2 comments:
I love this old wives tale..I've never heard it before but I love it...it resonates truth and sadness:
There's this old wives' tale that says in times of war, more boys are born to offset the balance in the population in accordance with the losses anticipated by war.
isn't that interesting Brown?
Post a Comment