Friday, March 21, 2008

Queen of Fast Cooking


okay, just because I have mastered the art of 30 minutes meals doesn't mean I deserve to be labeled the Queen of "Fast Cook" as my hubby says in his Trinidadian lingo...his mom says um will she be preparing a meal...i mean a real meal and not one of her ...eh hem...Fast Cooks.

Hrmph!

Apparently, it's not a meal to West Indians (and my African mom for that matter) unless it has been prepared for at least a day of pre-soaking, marinating, boiling, baking and broiling and finished completed after spending the requisite minimum of 8 hours preparing it...

hmmm...for Easter I got to devise a plan....hmmmm....let's see...if I get the local Honey Baked Ham store on the phone, I am pretty sure I can order up somebody's momma to do all that standing and throw the stuff in the oven to heat and pull it out as if I made it....yeah...that sounds like a plan!

2 comments:

Isaida said...

I found your blog thru....hmm, can't remember how I found your blog, but I enjoy it. I would love some tips on the fast cooking! The faster the better! What are some types of meals you cook?

JayJayGhatt said...

nice to meet ya mami dearest. welcome. i'll do a post right now to share my secrets. :D