Sunday, March 9, 2008

pilates v. yoga

People who do either of these are either Yoga people or Pilates people. NOT BOTH. I called myself doing a "yoga" dvd for exercise today and had the darnedest time trying to contort myself in some of those postures! Yup! I'm a Pilates person.

This reminds me of the time I signed myself and Jboy up for an infant Yoga class thinking the class was for the moms and I'd use the baby as a hand weight or something.

Imagine my surprise when 5 minutes into the class, the instructor had me folding and contorting JBoy, who was like only 1 then, and fixing his hands and feet into all these YOGA postures that I can't even do! The class was literally yoga.... for the baby!!

Imagine!?!?! A baby doing the Tree Pose?!? CRAZY!!

Trinihubby said that explains why J-boy does crazy stuff. When I asked why, he replied, "Cause you had him doing crazy crap from small!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL at your hub. Babies doing tree pose, hehe. Girlie is a yoga person, she loves whatever little bits I teach her. I am not a yoga person OR a pilates person. I always feel too relaxed at the end of class, and I'm too much of a control freak to like that.

JayJayGhatt said...

:D at Dee!